Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ricky: Senior Session

My good friend from college, Aly, contacted me a few months ago inquiring about senior pictures for her little brother, Ricky. I couldn't believe he was a senior. I remember Aly sharing stories back in the day about her little brother who was in middle school. Now fast forward five years and he's a senior...crazy how fast time flies when you get older.

The night before the shoot, I was incredibly nervous. This would be my first time photographing a guy! I had no idea how I was going to pose him without making him look or feel ridiculous. I can't simply tell a guy to twirl around and look cute. Nope, wasn't going to work. Luckily, my husband calmed me down and told me everything would be fine just like it always is and to look to ads for inspiration. Pure genius! Why didn't I think of that? I browsed through some magazines and Internet ads and felt slightly better about posing ideas, but still, I really don't know Ricky and his personality. What if he's not really into pictures or only wears one lame outfit? Then what?

Well Internet, when I rang the doorbell and Ricky walked up with a warm smile and a handFUL of clothes, I breathed a sigh of relief. Not only was he a good looking boy, he had style! I had an amazing time photographing Ricky and reconnecting with Aly and her super sweet now fiance(yay!), David. Thank you again for giving me this opportunity.






















1 comment:

  1. What a GOOD looking guy ;) Looks must run in the family!

    ReplyDelete